Friday, March 1, 2013

Day 164: New Music

"You may think that I'm talking foolish, you've heard that I'm wild and free"
First off, that's just a good song, but more importantly, I ain't talkin' foolish. I may be a fool, but I intend to continue to put my haters to bed and tuck 'em in, because my future is coming fast and I'm gonna be doing crazy and big things--soon.
I may not have a definite home set for me, or a career, or income, or anything of the sort, but it really doesn't matter. God has never once not provided me with what I needed, even if at the time it seemed that it wasn't enough, it always has been.
I've been in Aberdeen for 5 1/2 months now, and I have no idea where I'll be in 5 more, or 5 more after that. (Besides the few definite dates at which I need to be present.) This year is basically a condensed version of Mary Washington. I come, I get acquainted, I make great friends, I learn, I grow in my faith and self-knowledge, and then, too soon, I leave. At the end of my time at Mary Washington I was hit with a wave of regret that I hadn't done all I thought I should have done in terms of acting as a witness of Christ to my fellow students.
I was really hit this past week with the fact that I need to grasp every moment I'm given and view them all as opportunities to spread love and light. I may never know or see the consequences of my actions, but it doesn't mean I shouldn't see the gravity and potential of my existence. I might only see someone once, for a few seconds, but why shouldn't I want my smile to instill some sort of hope in their day? We all have the ability to act with Christ to transform the world's heart, and I don't want to leave Aberdeen feeling like I floated through a year, leaving no imprints on the people's souls I met.




Song of the Day: Cuckoo- The Steel Wheels. "The cuckoo, she's a pretty bird, she never drinks water, she only drinks wine"
But also, just for real, The Steel Wheels in general. Listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contributors