Monday, April 15, 2013

Day 209: Glory of Glories

I haven't written in a while, in fact, I have unceremoniously passed the 200-day mark! Crazy. But dear readers, it feels good to sign on and see that after over a month of inattention on my part, I still have several people a day poppin' in on this little blog to check for news or maybe catch up on what they've missed. Thanks!
In the past month and a half, we've seriously had TOO MUCH snow here in Aberdeen. (but hopefully that's all the past now)
Anyways, today was seriously a glorious day. High of 57 or something and sunny. So warm, so nice. I began my third week of my Professional Fieldwork Placement for my course at the Aberdeen City Archives, and in good form I deleted the whole catalog entry for the collection I had been working on; I had to enlist Martin the Lanky to be my savior and make things right again. A scary tragedy, but you live and you learn, and hopefully it will be my first and last incident for this month of faux-work. It had to happen, though, to make the Monday feel as Monday as possible.
Me in a "lift" at the City Centre archives office. It was so cool and old and a little scary.
Today I also had my first day of work at my new place of employment, Hilton Treetops. It was just induction, but you know. On my way to makin' dat money again.
Bishop lovin' on Easter Vigil
Also, it's Easter! I'm just the happiest about that, because the no-sweets thing becomes really tolling after a while, however, for the past few weeks I've been in like ultra-drive chocolate obsession/need. Which is saying something, because if you knew how much I already relied on chocolate, then you would be like, Whoa, what can Ultra Drive mean? It's serious.
A lot has happened in my life since we last spoke. And unfortunately for you, I'm not going to write most of it here, but know that it's good, and I'm growing and learning and living and enjoying life a lot.
Just david and john sitting on my head. casual aberdeen hangs.
(Actually the worst and least flattering picture of anyone ever, but simultaneously the most hilarious.) This was at our Pope Party after Pope Francis was announced as our new Pope! Wooooo
I took a train down to England with my main bitty, Natalia, for a Pro-Life conference, and it was super great. The only bad thing was that, after the horrible March weather in Aberdeen, I was hoping to take a nice little tropical retreat down to the southerly locale of Derbyshire, England, but the good news was that it snowed our whole way there and continued to snow the whole weekend, and we left with about a foot lying on the ground. Thanks, England, thanks for that. (It was actually nicer and less severe up in the 'Deen)


Me and Natalia gettin' a lil matchy at da conference

With some of our new friends at the conference ceilidh




Udderwise, I just ate some really good homemade Sausage Gravy-- It's the Remix on toast and am about to fall asleep after my little run and playground session with the ever-fun James.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contributors