Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Day 224: Sunnin' and Runnin'

The weather has been "ace" recently.
(Ace means awesome.)
But seriously, it has.
Two of my runs last week passed the same corner of Queen's Road and North Anderson Drive: where you find yourself at the top of a hill with soccer fields to one side of you and as you look over your right shoulder across the fields (first, you remember former days of spring season soccer practice when the under armor and sweatshirts are shed and fresh green grass has replaced the dead brown muddy patches and you're carried by the breeze through the drills, and then), you notice the whole city is laid out before you, and you keep running around the corner (with your eyes on the layers of scenic Aberdeen skyline) to welcome the sight of the steep descent down the hill, lasting several blocks, which increases your stride to a length which takes every piece of your willpower to keep your arms from extending out fully like wings and "flying" your way to the bottom.
At least that is my experience. Maybe I'm over generalizing when I assume someone besides me would have to fight from turning into an airplane or an albatross when they come across happy spring runs down breezy hills. However, I figured my big grin was already discomforting enough for the passing drivers, so I kept my elbows tucked and continued singing to myself.

Aberdeen in the sun! Wow! It's just great! (Read: Anywhere in the sun is just great!)

Harin gettin' pose-y

Oil ships..always



My life right now is good and fast. Where in the world has April gone? 2013 is obviously trying to beat the claims I made of 2012. I thought 2012 was barely existent, it went so quick, but now I see that 2013 will not let those exaggerations rest. He will win. Each month is faster than the last.
I finished my placement at the archives but have asked to stay on as a part-time volunteer, once a week, to keep my experience bank growing.
Now I just have to power down on three assignments, due in the next 11 days, and then my parents arrive, and all the madness of visitation begins. Hopefully at some point I'll start working on my dissertation, too.. but I'm not worried about it yet.
I just hope the weather stays so wonderful for my beloved American visitors.


Song of the day: A Song to Sing- Hanson-----because it's NEW HANSON AND I WAS INFORMED OF THIS TODAY AND YOU CAN DOWNLOAD IT FREEEEEEEE YESSSS.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contributors