Thursday, August 4, 2011

Country Music and Counting Down

As always when I get back from the outer banks I listen to so much country music because thats all Laurel and Jessie sing. I'm diggin' it, though. Tim McGraw's voice kills me, and all of Lady Antebellum's and Zac Brown band's songs rock my world.

The last few days have been so summer-worthy, and I'm stoked on it, but it's all bittersweet seeing as I only have ten days left to embrace the beauty and heat and carefree bummin' of summer break.
I did have an epiphany the other day though: why be bummed about going to school? Because there's no beach, air conditioning, or vb friends? Or because there is a lot of homework and responsibility? No, none of that matters! I shouldn't be bummed, it's my last year of undergrad and I know I want to live it up and not wish these next nine months would go by quickly. Life moves too fast already, so I've even been at work not wishing the shift would be over, because that's another several hours of sunshine and beach views gone. When I have to leave for school on the 14th, though I may shed a tear, I'm going in optimistically, this year will be what I want it to be, it's my third year on campus so I'm comfortable and i know what I'm doing.
I'm gonna chill with the people I care about and have fun with and I'm not gonna let any chumps bring me down like chumps try to do sometimes. I'm gonna be making money and having fun while also champing out at art history papers and CCM Social duties.

Now the only thing left to do is figure out how I'm gonna manage the breaks and where slash what I'm gonna do. I'm feeling something good brewin' for spring break.

And the waves are supposed to be good this weekend, sick.

Song of the day: these days- rascal flatts. I have seriously been trying to remember this song since like 2007 or something when I went back to the Visneskis house after obx vacation and Laurel had the cd, but then I left and couldn't remember specific lyrics or anything to look it up with, then it came on pandora and I was like yes!!!!!!!! Victory! So now it's the song of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contributors