Saturday, June 11, 2011

Funnel Cakes in the Rain

Today has felt like at least 4 days.
Started off with breakfast and a bible study with actually I feel like a pretty random group of young adults from Virginia Beach and Norfolk, then came home.
Then Sam came over. We dyed a streak of her hair bright blue and tanned.
We then both went to work for the same company at two different places.
I sat in a crowd of sand soccer players and viewers, bored and distraught, for a few hours. Made 13 dollars in tips.
Then Joanna came! and we talked and she made me feel happy and let time pass quicker for the last 2 hours of my shift. Also, I traded a couple ice creams for a funnel cake for Jo and I to split. I was so stoked on that, and it was GOOD.
Then we had to walk 6 blocks back to her car in the heavy rain. Wet and gross.
Then she took me to my car and I went home.
One of the best moments of the day, though: about to turn into my neighborhood coming home from work and none other than Phil Collins' "In the Air Tonight" comes on, so I got to do a little air drumming right before I pulled safely into my driveway.

I will finish Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone tonight (unless I fall asleep)
p.s. Yes, I gave up on Little Women without looking back. I needed Harry Potter at the moment.

I want to soak up the rays, and get my feet wet. I want to run through the daze, and not make a safe bet. (spontaneous poetry exercise)

Song for the day: Go Your Own Way- Fleetwood Mac

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contributors