Thursday, October 11, 2012

Day 23: Michael Jordan

23 is just Michael Jordan's number, and I appreciate that.

Also: Today is the day that marks the beginning of the Year of Faith in the Catholic Church! May we all be enlightened and encouraged as we grow closer to God and our faiths. Mass was great, and the bishop already knows my name, sooo, I meannn..I don't like to say this too often ya know, but..I'm kinda a big deal. (Also, Bishop Hugh's voice during the homily was reminding me of Count Rugen's...not a good thing, but at least the content of his message was quite different than anything that six-fingered man would say (go watch The Princess Bride if you don't understand this reference))

And: Life for me right now is hilarious and good. I received a package from my mother with CANDY CORNNNN and great socks:) She knows the way to my heart. I fear that I've already eaten more than half of the first bag of candy corn. Luckily this stuff is really good for me and my teeth and all of that. Basically a vitamin. SPEAKING OF HEALTHY: I went jogging through the cold Aberdeen streets today. Wound all around and had quite a nice little run. This is going to continue happening. Abi is shaping up. We'll see what happens when "Winter" actually gets here. Actually someone in my class today mentioned how Autumn is late in arriving this year... Oh really? Are you sure you don't mean it was quite premature and that's why we're living in an ice pit already?

But seriously, I exaggerate. It hasn't been too bad. Only at night really, when the sun goes down, do I suffer. And some other times. But all in all I'm still contentedly waiting until I really need to pack on the layers.

I can't believe there is no free gym membership at this university. Free freakin' healthcare and a university that is having hundreds of thousands of dollars (pounds) pumped into it by its faithful pupils can't even give us free treadmill use. Boo.

The trees are finally kinda starting to turn color though, but it seems like more of a pattern of Yellow then immediately falling off, rather than the great transitions we have in Virginia and other similar places. However, I shall continue to observe the development.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contributors