Wednesday, July 11, 2012

EarWiggin' Out

I awoke to a beautiful river in my face this morning. We then rode a beautiful 60 miles to the beautiful town of New Meadows, in the beautiful heart of the beautiful state of Idaho.
Idaho, the River State, where the residents are also known as spuds and the rafting guides are also known as studs (call me). Idaho, the state known for its potatoes and coconut cream pie. Fun fact: it's actually against Idaho law to construct a road more than 20 feet away from a river, and this has made for great scenic riding. Also, all non-chain stores MUST close at 5pm mountain time, but this gets tricky because even the residents can't always tell which time zone they'll be in on any given day. The Verizon CEO has an ex-wife and a family of ex-in-laws with whom he still holds a grudge against living in Idaho so he has not allowed for the construction of many service towers here, therefore it is half-miracle that I have more than one bar tonight in New Meadows.
We're camping in the nice city park tonight, and I will take all precautions so as not to have droves of earwigs nesting in my handlebar bag tomorrow morning.
Less than a thousand miles left; soon you won't have to burden yourself with the chore of reading these blog posts

4 comments:

  1. Reading your posts are certainly not a burden. I look forward to checking in on you daily- assuming I'm not on vacation. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to agree with Ashley. It's been a joy to read, I'm hooked!

    ReplyDelete
  3. But we LOVE reading your blogs!

    ReplyDelete

Contributors