Saturday, July 21, 2012

I Don't Know If You Heard, but..

We're kind of a big deal. We um, rode our bikes across the country and uh, yeah, made it to the Pacific Ocean today. I mean, I'm not trying to rub it in, but what did you do today? Oh, you didn't use your leg power to travel yourself to a whole other coast thousands of miles away from where you started? Guess my day wins then!
But seriously, it was so cool to get our first glimpses and interactions with the beach on the west coast today. I loved every minute of it, and the reality of how badly I've missed the beach this summer all came crashing to the forefront of my mind.
The ride was good. About 70 miles to Tillamook, with some good climbs and some good downhills; half the time I'm pretty sure we were inside a cloud. We had a moment of weakness, where we almost called it quits since we'd hit the coast and played with the idea of bumming a ride to our next stop in Seaside, but Team Turtle pulled through, as we always do. And on we rode.
We're getting cooler by the day. And we have a new motto: Safety Second. Helmets are being swapped out for hats (I mean, what? That's dangerous!) Gum balls are being eaten off the ground (Uh wait a second, who's that disgusting?) and the sunscreen is saving its pennies for someday (But you get burnt even worse in the clouds!!!!!!)

Also, Tomcat's phone got stolen, so he is without. Using mine and such.

Tomorrow we get a shorter day. Yay. Tonight is our last night camping out for the whole trip :(

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful accomplishment. I am so glad you were with Thomas the whole way. - Sounds like it was a fun journey with lots of ice cream :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I still can't believe you did this. Super proud of you, and even happier that all my worrying was for naught, as you are very much in one (glorious, muscular) piece. Love youuuu!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulationsssss!

    ReplyDelete

Contributors