Wednesday, May 26, 2010

A Good Analogy for My Life, Currently

So, to sum up how I'm living my life these days, I have a little story to share:

At the oceanfront today, Danielle and I walked aimlessly down the boardwalk and back again, and it seemed the only thing on our minds was ice cream. the whole time. Every time we passed an ice cream place, (like every half block), we stopped briefly to covet. Finally we were just like, you know what, let's go get 49 cent cones from McDonald's. It's delicious, but affordable; we don't have to break the budget for a sweet treat. Sounds perfect, right? Wrong. I have literally no cash or change, and she doesn't either. 
We spent the next 20 minutes pulling into random parking lots and drive-thrus with our heads out the windows searching for change on the ground.  
Of course, it just so happened that Virginia Beach streets were thoroughly groomed of all dropped pocket change yesterday. To my house we went. for Klondike bars and tie-dye premieres.

The day ended with long discussions on Harry Potter and all entailed in that. 

song for the day: Stronger- Kanye West
 
and I'll leave you with this quote that I read today, appreciated, and found applicable.
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain


No comments:

Post a Comment

Contributors