Thursday, May 27, 2010

Of House-elves and Children's Tales, of Love, Loyalty, and Innocence

So I just flew through the second half of the 7th book in the Harry Potter series. It was glorious. It's final: the 7th book takes the cake for my favorite out of all of them.
But I really just want to read them all again. I feel like, like I just completely grew up beside Harry Potter. And I wish, I wish that it wouldn't end. But what an ending, right? I won't give any spoilers here, but I'm just going to say, if you haven't read the Harry Potters- do it, and if you haven't finished the series- do it. What a wonderful summer project!

I actually gotta take another book down real quick, but I'm gonna be sitting at a kiosk at the oceanfront tomorrow for 7 straight hours, so I feel like I'll have some time then (and in the days following doing the same thing).
Once that's done, back to Harry Potter for me. I really need to refine my knowledge and understanding of the story. 
I can't help falling in love with all the characters and getting so involved in the story that I'm moved to tears or outward laughter. 


Oliver Wood will always have my heart. <3

In other news, I found this quote today, and I'm thinking about it as I discern my study abroad ambitions and choices and try to come to a decision. 
Methinks I will not die quite happy without having seen something of that Rome of which I have read so much.—Sir Walter Scott
More on that issue later, though. 

song for the day: haven't met you yet- michael buble


one more quote, for posterity: "Do not pity the dead, Harry. Pity the living, and, above all, those who live with out love."--Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore

2 comments:

  1. DUMBLEDORE :)
    also, this is the best blog you've written thus far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eww! Michael Buble
    But that Dumbledore quote makes up for it. So excellent.

    ReplyDelete

Contributors