Monday, May 31, 2010

I Have a Habit of Falling Into Minor Obsessions

My body doesn't let me sleep past 9 anymore.

Anyways, I woke up and ate baguette toast with butter, some eggs, and butterscotch fudge (because that seemed like the Harry Potter thing to do--fudge in the morn')
Then I had to finish the first book real quick because I completely fell asleep while doing it last night. I was exhausted. As soon as I finished the first, I just started going crazy researching things about Harry Potter and ideas for hosting a Harry Potter themed party.  
To add a side-note, I easily get sucked into ideas that I get, and then they become little obsessions where it's basically all I think of slash I will literally sit in my room for hours researching it and writing about it, like taking notes, etc. Because I'm that cool.
So, needless to say, I'm HAVING this party. It's gonna be bangin'. Off the wall. I'm so excited already. 
After my research session I started the second book, and into the Chamber of Secrets I went. 

Now I'm getting off the computer and doing some serious reading, probably 'til the late hours of the night.

song of the day: mmbop- hanson


 An Ode to Dumbledore, Order of Merlin, First Class (there are just so many good quotes of his at the end of the first book I had to put them here):
"What happened down in the dungeon between you and Professor Quirrell is a complete secret, so, naturally, the whole school knows." (p.296 HP&SS)
"After all, to a well-organized mind, death is but the next great adventure." (p.297 HP&SS)
"As much money and life as you could want! The two things most human beings would choose above all-- the trouble is, humans do have a knack of choosing precisely those things that are worst for them." (p.297 HP&SS)
"Ah, now, I'm glad you asked me that. It was one of my more brilliant ideas, and between you and me, that's saying something."(p.300 HP&SS)








He's so wise, and funny.


(p.s. sorry Michael Gambon, but I think Richard Harris was the best on-screen Dumblydore.)


1 comment:

  1. richard harris is HANDS DOWN the better dumbledore. michael gambon is scary. and doesn't actually know anything about harry potter.

    ReplyDelete

Contributors