Friday, June 11, 2010

Beach Before 8, Until After 5

So, at the end of this school year I talked to several people from school about where they're from and visited a few places, and for the first time in my life I was thinking that I could probably get used to living somewhere other than the beach when I'm older. I mean, I've always enjoyed the mountains for the hiking and beautiful views and tree-climbing, and owning a farm would be stellar, just like making your own food and living off the land... but I've always loved living at the beach, and taken it for granted a lot, too. Being back at the beach for the summer has really secured me in believing that I wouldn't want to live anywhere else.

Every time I came home from college for breaks I had to go to the beach, and now that it's summer I want to be there everyday. I just feel so comfortable, and it's so fun and pretty and refreshing and wonderful. Even sitting on the beach and watching the ocean is so good, but being in the water is completely over the top my life. 
Can't I just get married to some guy who has enough money to buy a house on the water and live there in peace, being complete beach bums doing close to nothing except walking down the beach, sitting on the sand, and surfing the waves? No, it probably won't be that easy. Okay, we can have jobs, but can we at least have a place where the beach is walking distance? My life would be made. 

I would say it wouldn't hurt to be in Hawaii, but I feel like I can't get too picky, because any piece of coast would be good. Even if it's just good ol' tiny-waved Virginia Beach. It's home, right?

song of the day: you can call me al- paul simon
HP status: haha, the same place as before. Ch. 15, Goblet of Fire.

1 comment:

  1. I was singing that song today. As a matter of fact, it happens to be my theme song for my drive on highway 1 to the pacific coast. Its a necessity.

    ReplyDelete

Contributors