Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Working the Day Shifts

So to catch up, some cool stuff has been happening.
Saturday morn' I hit the waves with Sam at 7 in the morning, and then went straight to a spinning class. I was dead, especially since I only had like 5 hours of sleep the night before, and the past like 3 nights I hadn't had that much sleep either. I then went to work at the Harborfest in Norfolk where I made like 25 dollars in tips, plus sold out of ice cream so I got a bonus from my boss (another $25!).
Sunday I woke up early yet again for 7 30 mass and then went straight to work at 10 where I could barely keep my eyes open. That night I slept in my car at the beach like a champ and hopped up early with Sam to hit the waves at like 5 45 in the morn and then changed in my car and went to work at 9 40.
Today I woke up for surfing at 7 30, but the waves weren't gonna be legit, so we called it off, and I went to daily mass instead.
I have work 9 40-4 all this week, which blows because it means I can't be on the beach during the day, though it does mean I'm making some solid money, which is good. I need it. Here are all my current ventures that create the need for the green:
  1. Buy a new bike (because, as everyone knows, mine was stolen by some douche)
  2. I just bought a waterproof digital camera. (which seems like an unnecessary and frivolous purchase when I don't have any money and am trying to save for designated things already, but I assure it is going to be one of the best investments ever. so good.)
  3. I'm going to Hawaii next summer, I don't know the deets, but it's either gonna be like a two-week trip that will go by so fast, or I'm gonna WWOOF in Hawaii and stay there for like most of the summer which would just be perfection in so many ways.
  4. Also, I need money for when I'm at school for various expenses and groceriessssssss, since I'll be eating in my APARTMENT(!!!) a lot.
  5. Plus, I want to study abroad junior year, which my parents might expect me to contribute to. 
Basically I just need to powerhouse this crap and make some moolah this summer! Car washes are going to happen for the Hawaii fund. ha. and bake sales. ALSO! if you want a bracelet I'm now selling those for 1-5 dollars depending on their complexity and material.
andddddd, if you need any make up, you can't forget about Mary Kay:) marykay.com/acandler1

My life is so good right now, I'm so happy. I love summer. Favorite. I'm stoked on life and on the beach and on all this good music I've been listening to recently.

song of the day: stand tall- dirty heads
HP status: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, Chapter 19: The Hungarian Horntail (and I think I'm actually in the mood to read again finally tonight!)




1 comment:

  1. DUDE! This is exciting. I am mostly excited about you wwoofing it. I've heard about people doing that and it sounds great. I hope you do it! Make me a bracelet.

    ReplyDelete

Contributors