Friday, May 25, 2012

Beautiful Berea

Today was a great day. Woke up to the sun rising in Booneville and got on the rode by around 7:11. It was just me and Thomas. Bill was gonna take a little longer getting ready and Michael left about an hour earlier.He's probably gone forever; he wanted to set a pace for himself that Thomas and I didn't want to keep, but it's chill. He was planning on doing an 87 mile day today in the extreme heat, while Thomas and I kept it cool and did a 50 mile day to Berea, KY. We got in at about 1, and due to the lack of camping or free lodging, we splurged on a motel. After we showered we took a refreshing little adventure into town on our deloaded bikes and checked out a buch of local artists and their crafts in the Old Town Artisan village. It inspired me and I wanted to buy so many souvenirs, but I don't have money or space in my panniers:( so I settled for the purchase of a piece of caramel vanilla nut fudge, yum! We then ate at BC&T, Berea Coffee and Tea, because Thomas asked a local college kid where a good place was as we were passing him. It was delish; I had a panini and an iced chai latte, yum again. So yeah, it's been a good day, through some nice rolling hills as the terrain flattens out and now i'm feeling good resting in the motel room. Hope I don't get fleas.... Oh yeah! And we've just finished our second map: onto the next one! Roadkill count: 172 (the first one for today was a dog on the side of the road, so sad, so terrifying)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Abi, So good to see you happy and having fun on your amazing journey! Zoe read some of your blog yesterday and was most interested in the roadkill count....she was unfamiliar with the term, thanks for the education. She also says "she's so silly". Our love surrounds you all the way!!! AT, UK, Z & Z

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Glad I can be a teacher to my younger cousins! Love you all:)

      Delete

Contributors