Friday, May 18, 2012

The Sun Never Sets in Ohio

They also don't have Shoney's, their bears look like cows, and chic-fil-a is a new thing. ITS MICHAELS BIRTHDAY TODAY. And he has been cracking Thomas and I up. He'd never been called a Yankee before today, but we made a big change outta that. He saw a brown cow drinking in a stream and told Thomas to quiet down ad he approached because he thought it was a bear. He also ate about ten shrimp with their skins on at Shoneys seafood buffet tonight. Anyways, the ride was good and we went on some rollers that got us going FAST. It was awesome and I kinda think it's my favorite thing to do. We left Vesuvius and Gertie's store at about 9:30 this morning and arrived in Troutville this evening; a 65 mile trip. Bringing our total to 346. Tomorrow we're waded to Thomas' house in Dublin, Virginia, right outside Christiansburg or something. Thanks to my dear friend Virginia Rose, we got a sweet deal on a comfort inn tonight so we'll be rested up and clean for the ride tomorrow. Speaking of clean: in 5 days of all day, sweaty riding, I've worn the same pair of shorts for four of them, only two pairs of socks, and two different tanks. I've showered twice now, as of tonight. Things are looking good;) (are ya proud, mom?) I would apologize for my grime, but what do y'all expect? A few funny things that have happened so far that I have et to mention: 1) "littering is illegal" sign--three shotgun holes through the middle. Pretty sure shooting signs is illegal, too, but in Central Virginia, the law don't matter. 2)we stopped right on the outskirts of Lexington to meet Thomas' coworker's grandparents, and they were the cutest, and they had portraits of Robert E Lee and Stonewall Jackson above their fireplace mantle. It rocked. Something to aspire to. 3)I got lost riding solo today, but not really lost, just passed our turn and rode down a great hill about 3/4 of a mile, then came back. No biggie. Roadkill count: 36 (mostly from the sharp peak we experienced in the period coming in and going out of Lexington) Now I am stuffed beyond comfort and want to sleep. Night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contributors