Monday, May 28, 2012

If you can bike with all the colors of the headwind

Today was our first day with some headwinds slowing us down, so I guess this is foreshadowing. As the land flattens out, the wind becomes the hills. But that's okay; it was kinda nice--it was so hot but the wind kept me feeling pretty cool. We rode just a little over fifty miles today, but seriously hammered the last 21, and I didn't even realize it, I just looked at my watch and was like wiggidy what? With wind and all we did it in just a little over an hour. It was another pleasant day, rolling through pretty farms and such, and the catholic church count is breaking records at a whopping FOUR! But Suriously, it's good to see them showing up again. We're camping at Rough River Dam State park in Falls of Rough, Kentucky, and we got showers and our laundry done! So that's pretty stellar. Roadkill count: 256 (with some good smelling skunks making the ranks today, love it. Really, I do)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contributors