Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Storiez of Sore kneez

So. Two in one post today. Yesterday was killer we rode 92 miles through some rolling hills or should I say stop-you-from-rolling hills and when I got to our campsite behind the fire station in Mineral I literally just wanted to eat and sleep. Luckily, a storm was coming through so I would have just enough lightening and thunder to sing me to sleep.. But actually, after my heavenly peanut butter caramel cookie dough milk shake and pineapple pizza I slept soundly in my tent through the frightful weather. We rode through Ashland which was probably my favorite place on the trip so far though it was such a quick pass through. And in Ashland we met an interesting character, Andrew, who was headed to Maine and then planning on taking the northern tier west. Wow. He was traveling with a ukulele--respect I rode the second half of yesterday by my lonesome because the boys were setting a faster pace than I could keep/wanted to keep. On a break I met a fellow cyclist who was headed to Vermont: quite the handsome chap, by the name of kevin. Kevin, if you read this, hit me up. And then I arrived in Mineral about a half hour after Michael and Thomas. Onto today. We set out from Mineral at about 9:45am to go to charlottesville. Overall it was pretty uneventful; didnt get lost until the city of Charlottesville. Saw a lot of prettiness and glimpsed the mountain for the first time. Palmyra was where we took our lunch break and the super clean gas station impressed me. As we arrived in C-ville we tried to stop in at Monticello for a tour but the next one wasn't til 5, and it was 3. Finally after a few killer hills we reached our destination of the Fiji frat house offered to us as a place to stay by OJJ (from day one) because he is a brother. And we spent the evening eating burgers with fried egg atop and walking around downtown and finishing with some great froyo at Arch's. Now I want to sleep. We hit the mountains tomorrow........... Peace love and knee pain, Abi. Roadkill count: 18 (with 3 preventions by Thomas "the turtle saver" Hash!)

5 comments:

  1. So happy to read about your trip! Sounds amazing...you are amazing!!! Our love is with you all the way, have a great time! GA family

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank youuuu! I love you all and hope you're doing well!

      Delete
  2. Pretty Sweet deal your doing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know which rob this is, but thanks to whoever you are!

      Delete

Contributors