Sunday, May 27, 2012

Thomas

I name my post after the good sir I am riding with for several reasons today: 1)he saved his fourth turtle from imminent death today 2) he fixed my first flat of the trip for me. 3)he is currently wearing an American flag bandana. Today was another good and another hot day. We rode about 60 miles, and are camping a few miles off route at Larue county park in Hodgenville, KY. This city is the birthplace of Abe Lincoln. So that's cool. The terrain is smoothing out more and more which makes for very pleasant riding; gentle hills, slight climbs, and a few good downhills to cruise down. I had superman ice cream for the third day in a row--groovy. Gotta get it while I can. Also, Thomas just added it up: so far we've ridden 872.5 miles on route. In two weeks. Boom. I'm getting grimey with these two hottest days and no shower, but when am I not a little grimey in the summer time. Embracing it. Roadkill count: 234

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contributors