Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Cankles

But I shaved em down, don't worry. But actually my map just flew out of my handlebar bag as I was flying down a steep descent and to catch it I stupidly put my leg to my back tire to sandwich the map to my bike and this resulted in my skin being shredded off. It stung. But it's good. Anyways, we did 69 miles today, through the hardest part of the Ozarks apparently, but honestly the Ozarks are nice mountains and the majority of the ride was really fun, except for like 20 minutes when I felt like I was going so slow and might just die. But we all have our moments of weakness. Mine just aren't as often as most people's ;) We're now in Houston, Texas (county), Missouri. We're camping again at another city park. We watched some girls play volleyball with a soccer ball for a bit, and now some girls are plying tennis but keep talking about how they don't know how. Highlights: I think I went faster today than I have et, down one of the steep descents coming down to Current river.i had the best chicken sandwich of the trip (maybe the only one, but that is irrelevant). Aaaand, the sky in Missouri is some serious sort of beautiful. Yesterday was probably significant in some way, but this is what happens when I wait to blog: we rode with the Brits from Farmington to Ellington, camped at a city park, ate way too much ice cream(no such thing)(miles had two milkshakes and a sundae--props). Roadkill count: 378 (why am I still doing this?)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the road kill update - I have been wondering... lol - I killed a squirrel today with my car.... I look forward to your blogs and Thomas' blogs. Keep em' coming ;)

    ReplyDelete

Contributors