Sunday, June 17, 2012

Killed another map

Yesterday Thomas and I rode 90 something miles to pueblo, co, where we finished the last map we would share together and it was a great ride. Tailwinds keeping us at high speeds, averaging over 22 mph for one 20 mile stretch. My brother and sister in law met us in pueblo, as we arrived right as a storm was breaking. We got rained on for a bit, but it cleared up and we ate at Bingo Burger and then chilled with Thomas for a while as he was still waiting for his friend from colorado springs. Then I was off to Denver for a rest day with Zach and ash, maybe never to see Thomas again. At least not on the trip.
Today we went to mass, ate a nice pancake breakfast and then took a fun, short hike up Chief Mountain for some great views. We stopped in Golden, Colorado for ice cream after and ended up walking around the town when zach and I decided we had to float down the river in our clothes. Everyone else was in tubes but we had a great time with just our bodies, sliding down the little natural slides. Then we came home for a jumbalaya dinner and I cleaned ol' USS.
Tomorrow Ashley will bring me back to pueblo in the morning so that I can continue my journey. Into the deserts alone. And friendless. Exceeeeept----not really.
Everyone's arguments, and logic, and the fact that Thomas is just too good of a riding partner to part with got to me, and I was coerced. I shall be going northwest for the full TransAm trail. Here it goes.

2 comments:

  1. YEAAAAAAA I AM SOOO GLAD YOU WILL BE WITH THOMAS. HAPPY TRAILS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Golden, Colorado! That's where I stayed last summer!

    ReplyDelete

Contributors