Sunday, June 24, 2012

This is why, this is why, this is Wyoming

It's hot and it's flat,
But i'm on my little ring?
This is why this is why this is Wyoming.

That's a jingle Thomas and I co-wrote this morning.
Anyways, yesterday we rode 68 miles from Walden to Saratoga and we seriously killed the last 18 miles, with a tailwind for the first ten, and then I was just pumped so I charged the last 8 even with a crosswind. Our campground was disgustingly buggy but luckily we had a chance to take a dip in the pool and shower and do laundry and eat really yummy pizza before we went there.
We got an early start this morning and again crushed twenty miles like they were nothing, and then 22 more to Rawlins where we went to St Joseph's for mass at 1130. 33 miles later and we have found ourselves in teepees in Lamont, Wyoming with free juice and ice cream. What. A. Hit.

As tradition sets it, I shall look back on the last state, now that a new one has commenced.
Top ten things I loved about Colorado:
1. The mountains
2. The wildlife
3. The views
4. Guffey
5. Seeing Zach and Ash in Denver
6. Eating bison for the first time
7. Guffey
8. The views
9. The bike path we got to ride on
10. The active people

And now for the current news:
While I ride, I think, and usually about ridiculous things. But today, it was not so; today was a day to cast aside all foolish ponderings and focus upon the existential truths, on what really matters, to think deeper and explore the meaningful reality that is materialized all around me.
What do these mind workings consist of, you ask? This is what I mean to share with you. I was riding and thinking about the fact that I was riding on the TransAmerica trail with a certain Thomas Hash. Thomas and Abi, riding the TransAm, I thought. T&A riding the TA. It was meant to be. But I continued spinning these consequential initials around in my head. Thomas and Abi, Abi and Thomas, A&T. A&T. AT. The Appalachian trail---ABI AND THOMAS HIKE THE APPALACHIAN TRAIL! A&T on the AT. HOW PERFECT. (We've already discussed our mutual desire to take on this epic hike). BUT THIS ISN'T ALL! As my mind was being blown by destiny spelling itself out. I pushed it even further as I threw the letters at each other. A&T, T&A. Initials meant for grand adventures; we were meant to be--The Adventurers! Awesome Travelers! Actual Turtles! Team Amazing!
It all laid itself out in front of me. How had I not seen this written in the stars from the beginning? All that was hidden, has been made clear, all that was darkness, has been revealed. Thomas and Abi. On the TransAm.. Boom.

Also, Wyoming is beautiful so far, too, though the shoulders have been treacherous and a few potholes almost brought me to my end.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contributors